Saturday, January 31, 2015

Experiences with Wine thus far...

10 points.
     My experiences with wine in the past twenty-two years of my life have been rather limited. Wine usually only pops up in my life when I'm with my mother, who loves her red wine, or when it's a girls night and I'm cheering up a friend after a bad day. The extent of my wine knowledge is that there is red wine versus white wine, sparkling or non, and wine can be dry, smooth, sweet and many more adjectives that I'm probably not best equipped to use yet.
     I enjoy a sweeter wine, the more it tastes like grape juice the better. I'm hoping that might change when I start to understand more about wine and learn to appreciate the different tastes and subtleties of it. I also find that I enjoy fruit over floral notes in my wine. I really don't have a preference of red over white, except that with white you can almost guarantee it will be sweeter.
     Throughout this course I hope to understand how to fully appreciate different wines. I would like to get to a point where I can tell the difference between a higher rated bottle of wine then a lower rated. Speaking of rating, I'd also like to better understand the rating system they use to rate wine, beer, etc. Also, is cider really considered a wine? So many questions! I'm looking forward to a great semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment