Sunday, March 22, 2015

Tasting - Primus

Name: Primus The Blend 
Variety: Blend of Cab Sav, Carmenere, Syrah, & Merlot
Region: Colchagua Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2012
Price: $15.59

Costco Review: 
Expressive and aromatic with notes of blackberry, strawberry and blueberry, mixed with hints of cinnamon, clove, pepper, rosemary, and bay leaf. Elegant, with flavors of plum and strawberry enveloped in soft velvety texture. 

My Review: 
Based on the tasting notes alone, I thought I would really enjoy this wine (especially more than Rustenberg) however I was dead wrong. Perhaps because it was a newly opened bottle but the wine was extremely acidic and spicy, that left a tart taste in my mouth. I really did not enjoy this wine. The berry aromas came through, as well as the cinnamon. 

I did not have any food while tasting this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment