Sunday, March 29, 2015

Tasting - Villa Jolanda

Name: Villa Jolanda
Variety: Brut
Region: Piemonte
Country: Italy
Year: --
Price: $8.95

Vintage Cellar Review: 
Brilliant straw color with emerald reflections. Fresh and floral bouquet with a hint of pears, apricots and bananas. Fresh and inviting with bright fruit and an easy drinking style with a pleasing hint of almonds in the aftertaste. 

My Review: 
I am pleased to say that while I usually struggle with placing aromas, I distinctly smelled honey from this wine. The wine was not too sweet and left a noticeable taste on the tongue. I believe the presence of the bubbles helped to take the edge off the sweetness, as the fizz tingled and gave the illusion of spice. 

I did not have any food while tasting this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment