Sunday, March 22, 2015

Tasting - Rustenberg

Name: Rustenberg John X Merriman
Variety: Bordeaux Blend
Region: Stellenbosch
Country: South Africa
Year: 2011
Price: $19.99

Costco Review: 
The palate is full-bodied with firm, dry, grippy tannins and a lot of tobacco-tinged black fruit. It expresses commendable definition and freshness with a nice touch of austerity that should see it age over 7-10 years with ease. 

My Review: 
I think I have found a new favorite red! The color of this wine was a nice dark red, with aromas of blackberry and cherry. The taste was not very acidic, which I have discovered I prefer, and the berries really came through. It was dry, smooth, and left behind a strong residual taste on my tongue.

I did not have any food while tasting this wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment