Sunday, April 5, 2015

Tasting - Grande Reserve des Bastides


Name: Grande Reserve des Bastides
Variety: 20% Sauvignon Blanc, 50% Loin de l'Oeil, 30% Mauzac
Region: Gaillac
Country: France
Year: 2013
Price: $9.95

Vintage Cellar Review: 

A crisp and fruity blend featuring 20% of the herbaceous Sauvignon Blanc, 50% creamy Loin de l'Oeil and notes of fresh apple and crisp pear, plus a touch of herb from the 30% Mauzac. It has a bright feel, with a hint of mineral on the finish. 

My Review: 

I didn't find this wine to have much complexity, nor did it stand out from previous white wines I've had in the past. I sensed pear and apple aromas, although the aromas were very light and hard to detect. The taste was very light as well and comparatively it was not as sweet as other white wines. The finish of this wine was tart, and reminded me of lemons. 

I did not have any food while tasting this wine. 



No comments:

Post a Comment